Monday, June 8, 2009

Outdoor Adventures

BUSY BEE


With my fellow camera-laden classmates, I traipsed around a grassy area outside of Grady. My partner, Juliet, and I searched for several locations for portraits and finally trekked up the speckled sidewalk, then waved at the "hi" sticker posted on a pole at the crosswalk, and stopped to take pictures of some flowers just around the corner. I zoomed in on several of these lavender blossoms, then heard a friendly bee buzzing in my ear. I turned slowly and saw him crawling and circling the flower, hungry for lunch just like me. I spent several minutes chasing him round and round until I finally caught this picture! =]


GARDEN SAFARI

Juliet and I explored around the trees, stood by and climbed walls, then stopped to smell the roses, so to speak. I asked her to climb into the flower bed and crouch down on her knees, and the day lilies rose above her head. Her camera was already around her neck, and she just happened to be pointing it my way. The sun cast a soft light on her face and a glow around her shoulders and the tops of the flowers. The yellow flowers, green grass, and her bright blue shirt made for a fantastic summer color combination!


No comments:

Post a Comment